Sunday, November 8, 2009

Chocolate Cupcakes (the best around!)

Helloo! Yes, it may sound cocky - but these cupcakes are the best.  I adapted them from another recipe I found that was for chocolate cake so it's truly twice the fun!  This is the second part of my little post on the halloween cupcakes.

Heres the recipe!

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar (I used about half this amount)
2 eggs
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup strongly brewed coffee
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil (again, I used about 1/4 this amount without problem)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method:

Preheat your oven to 350F.  Line your cupcake tins.  In large a bowl mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Make a hole in the center and add the eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla.  With an electric mixer, beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.  Don't be alarmed if the batter is thin, it is supposed to be.  Now fill your cupcake tins about 3/4's of the way full.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of the cupcake comes out clean.  Be very careful not to burn these or over cook them.  Otherwise they will come out dry.  Once they are done, make sure to cool these before you add any icing. Fill and/or frost as desired.

I wasn't as pleased with the chocolate icing I used for these as much as I would have liked, so for that reason I won't include it here.  In case you do have a good one, please pass it along and I will post it!!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do and as usual, your comments are welcome!!!


Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment