Thursday, January 14, 2010

Champagne Chocolate Truffles!

Hello!  I am back as promised with another one of the recipes I made for Christmas.  This particular one gave me MANY problems.  I suppose some things take several tries to get perfect, but in the end it worked out pretty well.  My main issue was getting the consistency right.  For some reason, it was always too soft to roll, so I kept having to add more and more chocolate.  Having said that, I was probably tired and stressed out at the time, so I may very well have fudged up some measurements without realizing.  Either way, I hope you try this out and perhaps you can give me your thoughts or comments on how it went for you.  Here goes!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Champagne
1 tbsp Cognac or Brandy
cocoa or whatever you fancy for rolling

Method:
In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil.  As soon as the cream boils, place it over the chopped chocolate in a medium bowl.  Stir until the chocolate has fully dissolved into the cream.



Stir in the Champagne and Cognac or Brandy.


Chill for about 2 hours or until thick and pliable.  It should be somewhat the consistency of a heavy dough.  If you can't picture yourself rolling it into a ball, it's either not thick enough or not chilled enough.  Using a melon baller or ice cream scooper, form little balls and place them on wax paper and chill for 15 minutes.

Place cocoa (or whatever you've decided to roll your truffles in) into a shallow bowl.  Now you can roll each ball into the cocoa until they are fully coated.  If they start to melt too much, you can put them back in the fridge for a couple minutes to harden up again.



Once your done, you can return them to your wax paper and chill them for another 30 minutes or until they are firm.  And your done!



I keep mine in the freezer so they last longer as, they are quite rich so you won't be able to get through them fast.  Let me know how these work for you!  If you find that you have the same problem as me and they come out to watery, try adding more chocolate until you get the right thickness.  See you next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hola Vickster
    Llegue para ver tu blog y con tu permiso me llevo esta recetita........las trufas me encantan!!!!!!!!!gracias por compartirlas
    besos
    sweetcakestoronto
    miri

    ReplyDelete